Minor Requirements Overview
The Minor in Sociology requires the completion of 18 credit hours in sociology. The Department of Sociology will accept no more than 9 credit hours of courses counted toward another major or minor to also fulfill requirements for the Minor in Sociology.
Minor Specific Requirements:
The minor in Sociology (18 credit hours):
- SOCY 1101 (Introduction to Sociology)
- 2 courses (6 hours) at the 2000- 3000- or 4000- level (no more than 6 hours at the 2000 level) and
- 3 courses (9 hours) at the 3000- or 4000-level
A GPA of at least 2.0 is required in all sociology courses, and grades lower than a C will not count in the completion of the minor. Students can use up to 6 hours of sociology minor courses to count towards other major/minor requirements (double-dipping).
To Declare a Sociology minor, you must:
- Have a GPA of at least 2.0 earned at UNC Charlotte before declaring a major or minor.
- Have taken or presently taking Introduction to Sociology (SOCY 1101)
Check out the University Catalog links below to see a full break down of specific minor requirements.
Interested in declaring a Minor in Sociology? Check out our Advising page.